|DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Communicate effectively with students, parents & staff.
- Provide quality, nurturing care to students enrolled in the program.
- Demonstrate skills to properly address developmental needs of students.
- Conduct & document developmental screenings and assessments of children.
- Maintain effective, working relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Promote feelings of security and trust in students.
- Maintain open and friendly relationships with each child and family.
- Talk, sing, read, entertain, and teach the students in the classroom.
- Prepare and implement daily lesson plans in accordance with the principles of early childhood development.
- Assist parents in using the sign in/out records.
- The educational level being taught is elementary at the kindergarten level.
- The lesson plans the teacher will follow will cover early childhood development principles.
- The subjects such as language, mathematics, geography, geometry, science, social studies, history etc. are geared to 5-6year olds utilizing the Montessori method based each child’s developmental level.